Reality Bites Back

Monday, January 21, 2008

dr phil is still a jerk

Thumbnail image for 0117_britney_spears_kitson_14.jpg

Dr. Phil commented on his show yesterday about his meeting with Britney Spears while she was hospitalized after a custody standoff with the police. Dr. Phil still feels the visit was appropriate, but regrets making a public statement, according to USA Today:

"Was it helpful to the situation? Regrettably, no. It was not, and I have to acknowledge that and I do," the talk show host told his audience Thursday during taping of a Dr. Phil episode that will run Monday.
"I definitely think if I had it to do over again, I probably wouldn't make any statement at all. Period."

Dr. Phil says he made the statement to Entertainment Tonight because the media would come to him asking why he was there:

He disputes those who say he inappropriately discussed her condition in the statement, which referred to Spears being "in dire need of both medical and psychological intervention."
"I said that before I ever met her," he says.

No comments:

Reality TV Big Brother American Idol Survivor and More!!